Tuesday, 21 June 2016

P1(b) Treatment

P1(b) Treatment

Meaning: The meaning of treatment is a piece of prose, basically steps between scene cards and the first draft of a screenplay for a motion picture, television program or radio play.
(Resource: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Film_treatment)

Purpose: For this section, I am going to present my ideas furthermore with details, and I am going to present them with a slide in terms of Target audience, Running Time, Key scenes, Character lists and Indicating sound effects and dialogue. 

Project name : LUSH advertising video 

Target Audience


LUSH is a very creative, fun and young cosmetic brand. All their products have their own smell and are all handmade with natural resources, they also have different uses on how to improve skin and refresh our minds. I think this is more suitable for people's age between 15-30, mainly women will be more interested, because these are fun and colourful, which can attract young girl's or young adults's attention. However, the LUSH bath bombs also help on relaxing the body or improving skin, therefore attracts women at the age of 28-30, because they usually work all day and hope to destress. 

Running time

As this is an advert, I don't want the running time to be too long, firstly because that if the timing is too long, the audiences would not like to watch it, secondly is because it might not able to express the idea of the advert directly to the audiences so they are confused if this is an advert or a music video. Therefore, I am going to edit the length of the song from 3 minutes to 1.5 minutes. I think this is the best timing, it is not really long and very reasonable for an advert. 
I would like my advert to appear on televisions because this is an advert video, so it is more appropriate to appear on TV than on other places like magazines and posters. 

Key scenes

Key scenes represent the important scenes of the advert. I have 3 key scenes. 

1. The beginning of the video, there is a scene that the model pops out from the table with a close up of the bath bomb, this is very important to the audiences as it gives directly message to them about what the advert is advertising for, who is the model and the symbolizing product of the brand.

2. There is a scene in the middle of the close ups of the bath bombs dissolving into the water, this scene is very important too as it shows how they look like while dissolving into the water, and attract audiences to the product. 

3. The last scene is very important as well, which is when the model holds LUSH's bag and walk out of the frame. This also shows how the bags look like and symbolizing for it too, plus the text is written in LUSH's font, so making it more iconic. 

Character list

I have only one model for my project, which is Maria Eugenia. Therefore there is no character list. I have chosen Maria to be my model, firstly is because she is interested in LUSH too, and she is also a very bright and energetic girl, which fits the theme of my advert, which is young and energetic. I believed that Maria could do well in the music video. 

Indicating sound effects and dialouge

In my video, there is no indicating sound effects and dialouge. However, my video has a song as a background, which is LUSH LIFE, sang by Zara Larisson. I have chosen this song because it is very energetic, and very popular, so that it can attract more young audiences to watch this video.



To explain more about my ideas of this advertisement, I am going to explain it in a slide. 




























No comments:

Post a Comment