P5(c) Applying Visual Effects and Transitions
Meaning: The meaning of applying visual effects and transitions is how effects are created and added to the video, also the effect to the audiences.
Purpose: The purpose of this section is to show how effects are added, why and what do I want to audience to feel base on these effects.
The most effects I have applied to this video, is the Video Transition, which is an effect that connects two videos one right after the other, as natural as possible. An example is shown on the photo above.
To do so, first I go to "Window" > "Effects"
Then, I will be able to see "Video Transitions".
Then simply click "Dissolve" and choose "Cross Dissolve".
Then, from the left screen, we can adjust the time, the place where you would like the effect to apply between the videos. It gives a very impressive effect.
This effect could not only combine videos, but also connect them better, so it looks more effective.
I would like my music video background based on pink, so I created a pink using Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.
First, I go to the Project Log, and I double click. Go to " New Item" > " Color Matte".
Then, with all the settings above, press OK.
Then we could choose a colour for the background, obviously, I have chosen pink.
Then, I have to name my new matte, so it is more convenience for me to edit the video as I could simply recognize it by the name, I named it " Pink bg", meaning Pink Background.
I also did the same thing to create background of other colours, such as light blue and light purple, I named them "blue bg" & "purple bg", because I realise it's too dull to have pink background only even I added effects to it, so I decided to make more backgrounds, base on youthful colours, because light blue and purple also represent fresh and youth, it also gives different feelings to the audiences, because some audiences might dislike pink this colour personally, it is also a way to attract people's attention as it catches their eyeball.
So, after naming the background, I could just easily drag it to the Video log, to add background to the clips, making it nicer, and to achieve my aim from the beginning. I have chosen pink because this advert is meant to be quite girly, and it is also the colour of young girls, which also compromise with my target audience, teenage girls or young women.
I wanted to try something special, so in the video I combined the videos into one video.
First, I film 2 -3 videos of the model doing the same move.
I just have to drag one of the video to Video 7 and the other one to Video 8 on the same place, so that they can move at the same time. I just have to add a pink background on Video 1, because the bigger the number of the video, the layer will be more visible on the screen, so I will put the background on video 1.
In the middle of the video, I have a small section to show the product and the effect of the bath bomb produce when it is dissolving into the water. This is to show the audiences how amazing these products are and also informing the name of these products so they could find it easy to purchase them.
The video originally was quite quick, so I changed the speed of the clips, so that the audiences could observe the effect slowly and makes it more effective.
First I clicked on the clip, left click it, this will show up once I have done it. We can see there are a lot of options. Then we simply click on "Speed/Duration" to change the speed or the duration of a clip.
Then we will be able to see this, the larger the number of the percentage of the speed, the longer or slower the clip will be. In the other way, the small the number of the percentage of the speed, the shorter or faster the clip will be. Our purpose is to slower the clip for audiences to observe, therefore we have to change the original speed from 100% to 120%, so the clip is slower and it is but not too slow, so it would be suitable for everyone to watch it in detail and slowly.
In able to do more interesting things as the background, I wanted to use some photos to do a kalida. Adobe preiere pro CS5 is not able to do so, but I could use Adobe After Effects CS5 to do it as it has more effects to play with.
First, I need to import a photo in order to make a kalida. I go to "Import" > "File" then choose the photo I want to work with.
After importing the photo, I can drag the photo directly to the effect log, and start editing it.
Go to "Effect"> "Stylize" > "CC Kaleida".
Go to "Rotation" then rotate the stick for a time.
This is how it looks after the rotation, it also moves in different way and different pattern.
I can also record the length of the kalida rotation.
After finish the kalida, I can go to "Composition" > "Add to render queue".
After putting it to the render queue, I have to change the setting.
Then set it from RGB to RGB+Alpha. The aim of this setting is to match the video's setting, so it is clear and matches the screen.
Then I have to rename this effect, because it is easier for me to edit.
This is how it looks like after applying the kalida in the video, it looks much more colorful and energetic, also it rotates with the video, therefore making the video more interesting and fun.
From the screenshot above, we can see this is a kalida as well, I used the same way, but just changing a colour of it, so it is more colourful, and attracts more attention from the audiences. The good thing about kalida is it changes its shape and it moves as the video goes through, so making the video more interesting and it is fun to see as the model is dancing, the kalida rotates into different shape, making it feels more fun and rhymatic.
































No comments:
Post a Comment