Tuesday, 21 June 2016

P5(d) Linking Audio to Visuals and Applying Audio Effects

P5(d) Linking Audio to Visuals and Applying Audio Effects

Meaning: The meaning of Linking audios to visuals and applying audio effects is putting an audio/ music to the video and combine them together. Applying audio effects mean for example enhancing volume or minimising volume of the music, or even adding extra sounds to it to make it special.


The music for my project is called LUSH LIFE from Zara Larsson, it is a very popular track nowadays which is sang by a famous singer. I downloaded this song from the internet. I have chosen this song because it is very popular, which can catch more people's attention, also it matches my project really well, it has LUSH in the song. 


Originally, the song was very long, it was about 3 minutes long, but as my video is an advert, it couldn't be too long or it will cost a lot in real life advertisement on TV. 


So, I chose the parts I like and combine them together by cutting and editing them, turns it from 3 minutes to 1 minute, which is enough to advertise the idea of the brand, and also is okay for the length of an advertisement, which will not bored the audiences. 
For this length of advertisement, the audience will also easily know that this is an advert. 


Sometimes, some parts requires higher volume or lower volume, I can do this by going to "Window" > "Audio Mixer". This is very important, so I could adjust the volume in some particular parts, this could makes the audience could feel the beats and rhythm more when it gets to the middle, or sometimes when the lyrics fit the scenes very much this could also increase their favour to the advertisement. 


This will then come up and I can change the volume simply by moving the button up and down on the Master row. 


As my advertisement is presented as a music video, therefore some lip-syncing is required in it. 

At first, I take videos or film the model dancing with the music at the back, so that it is easier to match the song when I edit it. I also based on the lyrics of the song to decide the acts of the model, so it could be clearer when I organised it. 

However, I find it really hard to fit the clips in. First, it is because the materials that I filmed weren't enough, and also sometimes the model lip-sync the song in a different speed, makes the editing extra difficult for me. 

So, I either match the clips and songs without matching the lip-sync, but matching the acts and moves of the model to the music.



Here is an example of matching the video with the music. There is a small part of clapping in the music, I asked my model to clap in different pose, then I combine them by matching their clapping, and shorten the length of the video, until the music and the video match completely. 














No comments:

Post a Comment