Tuesday, 21 June 2016

P4(d) Following Production Processes

P4(d) Following Production Processes

Meaning: Following production process is a part of filmmaking, video production and photography. It occurs in the making of motion pictures, television programs, radio programs and advertising etc. It is a term for all stages of production occurring after shooting or filming .

Purpose: The purpose for this section is to show how I follow my plans/ storyboard, and what I do to achieve the best result or effect as I wanted it to be. 

I based most of the acts on the lyrics of Lush Life by Zara Larsson, because I think that the lyrics match the theme for my advert, so bright, so young and fresh. 


For this part, I wanted the model to be kissing the bath bomb, because the lyrics for this part was " Now I've found another crush." I want the model the kiss the bath bomb to interact with the lyric, as it said "Crush", also to show how much passion she has towards Lush. I film this part with a medium shot, because I want the audiences to focus on her upper body, and her act of kissing the bath bomb, that she is enjoying the bath bomb. 


For this part, it is slightly different from my storyboard, however I wanted to model show that she does't care and denying, because the lyrics for this scene was " But I won't be done when morning comes." So I asked her to wave her hands in the air and wags her finger to show she is not done with it. This act is to emphasis the meaning. I filmed this part also with medium shot, due to the same reason as above, I would like the audiences to focus on her act. 


For this part, I asked the model to pull some of her hair up to the hair, because the lyric for this scene is "Had one chance to make me blush." Although pulling the hair into the air does not make really match the "Blush", however, it makes she looks free and fresh, which matches the theme, therefore I think this is a good idea. I filmed her with medium shot, because I do not want the audience to focus on her whole body, as only the upper part of her body is important to show the meaning and act to the audiences. 


For this part, I asked the model to bump the 2 bath bombs together, because it matches the lyrics " Now I've found another crush." And when the "crush" lands, she crushes the 2 bath bombs together. The meaning of this act is quite obvious, because crush means compressing 2 objects towards each other. I asked her to do this act with 2 bath bombs, so it gives more ideas to the audiences about the product of the brand, I also used dissolved water for the background so it makes the video more interesting and more symbolising. I filmed her upper part with medium shot too, however this time I did not film her  head, because I want the audiences to focus on her hands movement, not her face expression. 


For this part, I filmed a few clips of the model clapping her hands, and this is how I wanted to be. This scene does not actually match any lyrics, however it matches the song and the rhythm. The aim is to make it more interesting and fun, therefore I combined different clapping clips together but actually they are clapping in the same rhythm. I film the model's head to her leg this time, because there is more movement in this scene, and I want to show the audiences different angles of filming so they do not feel boring with only medium shots. 

FILMING DIARY 

Here below, I am going to write down the whole procedure of how my filming went. I am also going to include the dates and some accidents that occur during the filming. 


13th of October ( Afternoon) : I have decided to film on this day is because there are a lot of students who are waiting for the studio, so we are assigned to film in different timing. I had to film and take shots of the model for both of my unit, to be honest, I found it quite rush as I have to prepare all the lighting and also the props. After spending the first 30 minutes settling everything down, we start filming the scenes I need for my project. It did not go well at the beginning as my model was a bit nervous as this is her first time being a model for someone, so it takes her some time to relax totally in front of the camera. It is not as easy as I thought, as there are limited space in the studio, so she could not do some jumping scenes as I expected in my planning, but then we changed some of the actions, for example I asked her to twirl and dance in front of the camera, it came out great and she looked very natural. 

As we have very limited time, I could only spend an hour on filming, then I have to spend the other hour on photo shooting, this is way easier than the filming, as the model just has to pose everything I planned from the planning sheet, and let me capture it. The only difficulty I found during the filming is the lens, I chose to use the human effect 50 lens, which is for normal situation, how ever , it is too close for my shooting, so I have to change a wider view lens to capture better photos of hers. I had no time to film the bath bombs dissolving into the water, because it requires more preparation, so I asked the teacher if I could this scene in the other day. 

As the time is extremely limited, I did not feel very satisfied with my work at first, and I felt like I did not capture very good photos of my model, and insufficient materials for my filming, how ever, I figured it well by editing the video, and sometimes putting repeating scenes into the video, as this is a music video, it doesn't really matter as the song repeats its lyrics pretty much. 


No comments:

Post a Comment