P3 (a) Learners resolve identified legal or ethical issues for their planned audio- visual media product
Meaning and purpose: In this section, I am going to show my understanding of the legal and ethical issues of my media product, including researching information from the website about the copyrights, and the model released form.
COPYRIGHTS
Copyright is a right created by the law of a country that gives permission to the creator of an original piece of work a right for its use and distribution. It is also to protect the creator and the original work from being copied or stolen by others. If the creator discovers anyone who do so, he would have the right to complain or to accuse the stealer.
To be able to produce my advertisement safely and legally, I have made some researches on the copyright from the LUSH official site. Here is a screenshot of from the website about the ownership and limited license.
After checking some information from the website, I have discovered that I could use the products from LUSH and their logo for my video. It is because my work is for educational use, not for commercial use or any business, therefore, I am permitted to advertise for LUSH.
Preference: (https://www.lushusa.com/terms.html#accounts)
ROYALTIES
A royalty fee is a continuous fee that the the franchisee pays to the franchisor, this fee is usually paid monthly, it calculates as a percentage of the whole sales. These payments are collected by the franchisor to pay his/her entity's actions, including the cooperage and his/her expenses. Thus payment also supports the franchisee and build further business. In general, the franchisor provides support through its field consultants, marketing plans and business strategies are funded through the Royalty payments.
Resources: ( https://www.thebalance.com/what-is-a-royalty-fee-1350580)
MODEL RELEASE FORM
Model release form is very important in this video filming, because it is an agreement between the director and the model, and to protect the model’s right on using her images to publish them to the public, such as an example for the other A2 Media students to use, and also for other educational use.
Although this is not a real advertisement, how ever it relates to the person’s human rights, therefore it is very important to have her permission before taking any photos or filming any videos of her.
I have made this model consent form for her to sign, so it is an evidence of her agreeing to allow me to use her photos or videos for my project.
This is the model release form that is signed by my model, now I could film, take photos and publish videos or photos of her legally and safely.
This is the model release form that is signed by my model, now I could film, take photos and publish videos or photos of her legally and safely.
Also, I have written an email to Sony music, which is the holder of this song, to request for their permission of using the song, because from the description below from Youtube, I know that the song is owned by Sony music.
It is important to ask for permission from the Company because I would have broke the law because it is about copyright. Therefore, in order to work on this project properly and without offending anyone, I must gain all the permission first.




No comments:
Post a Comment